Russkiy Island meets the visitors with the «Novosiltsevskaya battery» military fortification. It is located just above the bridge to the Russkiy Island. The battery numbers six Kane (6-inches guns) and two Nordenfeld (57-mm guns). The fort’s construction was begun in 1898 year and completed in 1902. About 180 thousand rubles were spent on the construction. More than 100 years after, the battery is fully renovated and it is the one of the most visited places of interest. The beautiful panoramic view of the bridge opens from here. The route to the battery goes through the Pospelovo settlement.